Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year

Welcome back fighting squirrels.  I hope you enjoyed the Christmas Break and you ready to get back to work.  If you have decided to lose weight for the new year, let me help.  I have baseball cap from the show The Biggest Loser and it can be yours at the end of the semester.  If you have made the decision to get fit this year, but you have made the same decision for the last 5 years, make 2012 the year that it happens.  Come see me.  I will start a file on you.  I will keep it locked in my secret squirrel safe so that only you and I will have access.  I will weigh you and get you started on a workout program.  This is for women with a Body Mass Index of 25% or greater.  This is not for those of you who want to lose 5 or 10 lbs.  This is for those of you who are needing to lose a significant amount of weight.  At the end of the semester the woman that loses the most weight gets the hat and a healthier, happier lifestyle.  Final weigh-in will be April 17.

We will be looking at losing 1 or 2 lbs per week.  Mary Vannortwick, the director of Food Services, is happy to help you with a diet plan.  There are also several on-line programs that will help you monitor your food intake.  One of the biggest problems with a weight lose program is that individuals over estimate the calories they burn, and under estimate the calories they consume.  Try myfitnesspal.com, there's an ap for that.  Contact me at 887-7357 or e-mail me at cangersb@mbc.edu if you are interested.

Volleyball and soccer athletes --  There are weight training plans in the weight room for your off-season conditioning.  Champions are made in the off-season.  Many of you say you want to win, but few of you are willing to commit to win.  Stop the excuses.  Be sure to see me if you are not sure of proper form on any exercise.  Stop telling me how much you want to win and start showing me you are serious.

Sweat on squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment